Luckily, it isn’t that difficult to get it installed. You will need to use a binary
.deb package provided by Oracle.
- Navigate to https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/
- Select Ubuntu as the operating system and 19.04 as version.
- Click Download and on the next screen No thanks, just start my download
- In the Terminal, navigate to the directory the
.debfile has been downloaded to and run:
sudo dpkg -i mysql-workbench-community_8.0.17-1ubuntu19.04_amd64.deb
- And, we’re on! Start MySQL Workbench using the application menu: